View Full-Size Image
100% PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE GLUTAMINE
- BUILD MUSCLE
- ENHANCE RECOVERY
- OPTIMIZE IMMUNE FUNCTION
PrimaForce GlutaForm contains high quality l-glutamine.* Glutamine is the single most abundant amino acid found in skeletal muscle and is heavily metabolized during intense training. Glutamine is highly in demand throughout the body. It is used in the gut and immune system extensively to maintain optimal performance. Research suggests that after intensely working out, glutamine levels in the body are reduced by as much as 50%. Since the body relies on glutamine as cellular fuel for the immune system, scientific studies have suggested that glutamine supplementation can minimize the breakdown of muscle tissue and improve protein metabolism.*
PrimaForce GlutaForm can help:
- Increase protein synthesis, support immune function and digestive health*
- Promote cell volumization*
- Decrease muscle breakdown*
- Elevate growth hormone levels*
- Glutamine is an amino acid used as a nutritional supplement by athletes to maintain or boost immune function and/or to maintain muscle protein levels during periods of intensive training.
- Glutamine is an important fuel source for immune cells and, in theory, additional supplementation may prevent or lessen the severity of illness. Currently, there is insufficient evidence demonstrating that glutamine will alter immune function and prevent illness in healthy athletes who consume adequate levels of protein.
- Glutamine plays a major role in protein metabolism. It may have an antiproteolytic effect in athletes by offsetting the catabolic effects of glucocorticoid hormones.
- Studies in the early 1990's identified lowered plasma glutamine levels as markers of over training and fatigue in athletes, but a consensus has not yet been reached on how to best use this information.
- More recent Australian research from the University of Western Australia (Kargotich et al.) has shown that endurance training can increase the plasma level of glutamine. This training adaptation should boost the capacity of the immune system.
- There is conflicting evidence about whether glutamine supplementation can attenuate post-exercise decreases in plasma glutamine concentration.
- Acute oral ingestion in the range 0.1 to 0.3 g glutamine per kg body weight per day (e.g. 7-21 g glutamine for a 70 kg individual) is absorbed safely and shows no evidence of clinical toxicity after several weeks.
- Larger doses in the range 0.3 to 0.6 g glutamine per kg body weight per day show no harmful effects after 5 days of administration in normal subjects.
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.